About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I Hate When This Happens

I've just returned from a trip to the ER with my 16 year-old son. He has been having some physical problems that continue to puzzle the doctors. Tonight it was much worse than usual, hence the trip to the ER. The process for determining exactly what is going on is going to take time. As of now he has 3 doctors completely baffled and we have an appointment with a 4th doc. Now we're looking at an MRI - which our insurance does not cover. Your prayers are really appreciated.

My son is my first concern but on a more selfish note, I'm really bummed because I will not be able to go to Grand Isle in a couple of weeks. I just don't think I should leave him home with this kind of stuff going on. I know it's the right decision, and it is what I want to do, but I still feel greatly disappointed that I won't be able to go. I'll still plan the party and I'll still do the rest of the shopping and pack it all up. I just won't be there to see the kids enjoy it. There are other issues too that cause me some concern about not being able to go but I can't share those here (never know who's reading), but this will be a time of testing for me in a lot of differnet ways.

OK God. I'm listening .... what am I supposed to learn from this???

7 comments:

Bruce said...

I so totally understand about your priorities...I'll say a pray for you, your husband, and your son. God be with you all.

B~

David Cho said...

Sorry to hear that, Amber. Hang in there. Hope things turn out well for your son

Amber said...

Thanks Bruce and David. I really, really hate that I'm not going to be able to go but I know God has His reasons. I accept it even if I dont' like it.

Lorna said...

:(

I'll skip all the usual jargon and platitudes, and simply say it's a bummer - I know it would have been good to be on the trip, but yeah family comes first and later on you'll be very glad you chose your son over mission. It's God's way and too often PKs get caught in the cross fire.

You are an example to us all.

(troubles with the word verification. now afraid this will come a dozen times...

be blessed :)

Calia77 said...

Sometimes God allows us the privilege of being the person who starts something, but doesn't let us see the result. We sow the harvest, but don't reap it. Your work, your serving is seen by God and you are blessed because of it.

I pray that your son's condition is found and fixed as soon as possible.

Gary Means said...

Dear Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I ask that You would guide the radiologists and doctors as they examine the MRI. Please give them wisdom and insight and be able to come to a definitive diagnosis. Please provide for the financial needs surrounding this situation. I also ask that You would give peace to the hearts of Amber and Brian who are understandably stressed about this. May they all sense Your presence and guidance in this difficult process. AMEN

Amber said...

Thanks for your prayers Whichjo and Gary. Logan is home again today. Now he's running a fever. The mystery remains...