About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Things Are Beginning to Quite Down ... I Think

First and update on my son - he's doing some better. He saw two doctors on Friday. His MRI came back fine but other tests showed that he had a UTI. So, he is on a high powered anitbiotic and his fever is down a bit. On Monday I am to call the doc and let her know what his temp has been over the weekend and they will have yet other test results in by then. At that point we'll see where we go. For the moment though, he is feeling OK and has only a low grade fever. Thank God!

Tonight our group leaves for Grand Isle. I'm sad but I'll survive. I do have a week off of work though which is definately a GOOD thing. It's been ages since I've had a week off with nothing to do and I plan to enjoy every minute of it. Usually when I have time off work I am on a mission trip. Those are great and I love doing them but it is not a vacation by any means.

And it looks like we will have a crew for next summer's trip to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. I talk more about this on my Pine Ridge blog but for those who don't visit there - every year I take a group of people to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. It's work... a LOT of work and it can be really stressful putting a trip like that together but it is SO cool too. I love it. It really is one of my passions, doing mission work. It's great to build relationships with some of the Lakota kids and it's great to see God do a work in the hearts of the people who go with us. It was looking as if we might not have a group this year but .... it's happening even while I'm not really paying attention to it for being busy with Grand Isle. God did yet another miracle ... one lady was hoping her entire family could go but they are really not able to pay for it. The deadline for signing up and making the first payment is tomorrow. Earlier in the week she did not have the money BUT a lady at her work gave her a check for $300.00 which was exactly the amount she needed for their payments! I just love it when God does stuff like that.

I'm going to go see my friends off, pick up some favorite snacks and a movie and maybe I'll get to blog some this week!!

4 comments:

David Cho said...

Glad to hear your son is doing better. Hopefully there will be more good news ahead.

Lorna said...

cool news about your friend and the mission trip

enjoy TIME OFF and rest at his feet :)

keep us posted about your son. I think it's going to be ok but you did the right thing staying at home. Don't second guess yourself ok?

Amber said...

Hi David and Lorna!

Thanks for your comments. :) I've missed being around here and hopefully will get a chance to blog some more this week.

I'm not second guessing myself about staying home with my son - both of my kids have always came first ... I'm just bummed because I didn't get to do something I was really looking forward to. But that's what mom's do, eh? To make it even more wonderful - tomorrow night while I'm missing the party in Grand Isle to be at home with my son, HE'S going to a party here. SO I'll be at home by myself feeling more than a little sorry for poor ol' me. In fact I'm getting a head start on the pity party. I don't drink or I'd have some cheese with my whine. I've been trying to find somewhere to go to get out of the house but no one's doing anything tomorrow night. I had thought about going to my parents house but even they are going to be gone. Oh gloom, dispair and agony on me. ;)

Bruce said...

Don't know if you will see this, but maybe God gave you this down time (and alone time) to recover from you hectic week last week. I pray that God will sustain you and your son (and those in Grand Isle.)

His peace.
B~