About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Veteran's Day

I am grateful to the many men and women who have served and are still serving my country. I really do feel that I owe my own freedom to them so even though this is a busy day for me, it's not too busy for me to say "Thank you"! Those little words do not seem nearly "enough" to express all I would really like to express but they are from my heart.

I would also like to ask anyone reading if they would remember the name Matt Maupin when they come before our Father. He is from the Cincinnati area and has been missing in action in Iraq for many months now. Last week they found some items that they thought belonged to him and might clue them in on his whereabouts, but it turned out the items did not belong to him, so the mystery of what happened to him and where he is, is still a mystery. If this were my son I think I would have gone mad a long time ago. I suppose, putting myself in his mother's shoes, I would want prayers that (1) he was still alive, unharmed, and would be found soon. Those may seem unlikely outcomes for such a situation but our God is a big God and able to do many things we cannot imagine.

*Note: The flag in the picture is currently flying in Grand Isle, Louisiana. The picture does not do it justice, but if you look closely, the flag is torn and battered from Hurricane Katrina. It still waves above Town Hall as a symbol of a community's will to survive. I could have found a nicer picture but I think this captures the spirit of the American people better than a pretty picture of our flag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking time today to remember us American vets.

A grateful vet

see-through faith said...

came back to leave a quote only I can't find the cd. When I do I think I'll end up blogging about it - as it was sparked off by what you wrote and the photo.

be blessed :)