About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Seven Things

I've been tagged! Gary at Poor in Spirit tagged me so here are my answers to the seven questions.

1. Seven things to do before I die:

1. Be the coolest grandma that ever lived

2. Travel to Italy, France, and Ireland with my husband (on vacation, not a mission trip)

3. Go on a safari in Africa

4. Skydiving

5. Be at peace with myself

6. Ride in a fighter jet

7. Write a book (maybe it could be about how I went skydiving in France with my grandkids and then took them on a safari in Africa??)


2. Seven things I cannot do:

1. dance

2. sing (my kids used to roll the car windows UP when I would sing in the car because they were embarrassed for anyone to hear me)

3. math

4. Sit through an entire church service without my mind wandering

5. Speak any language besides english - sad, I know.

6. Allow myself to wear a bathing suit in public

7. Fix my hair correctly

8. I'm cheating and adding an 8th - spell. I can't spell .... at all.



3. Seven things that attract me to my husband (or significant other or best friend):

1. His committment to Christ

2. His integrity - he is the most trustworthy, selfless person I've ever known

3. His laugh - it's unique and weird but it's him

4. His wacked out sense of humor

5. He has a really cute bum

6. He has great legs

7. He puts up with me - not always an easy thing to do


4. Seven things I say most often:

1. actually - I say actually a lot

2. JAZZ !!!- that's my dog's name and she is constantly into things she isn't supposed to be into.

3. coffee (anything from "would you like some coffee", "would you make some coffee", would you like me to make a fresh pot of coffee", to "can we stop and get some coffee" - I'm a big coffee addict and I live with another coffee addict so the word coffee is spoken a lot in our house. )

4. Shhhhoooooot

5. Where's your dad?

6. Are you coming home for dinner today? (to my oldest son)

7. Where are you at? (spoken to any member of my family when they are "out")


5. Seven books (or series) I love:

1. The Message

2. Chronicles of Narnia (have to say that with the movie coming out)

3. Thr3e by Ted Dekker

4. Beyond the Passion (hate the title, we both do, but love the author ;) )

5. Changes that Heal by Henry Cloud

6. C.S. Lewis ( I would read anything he wrote)

7 An Arrow Pointing To Heaven


6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over again if I had the time):

Oh geez and easy one to answer- except that Johnny Depp has more than 7 movies. ;) OK, seriously, I do have almost all of his movies but there are only a few that I actually watch over and over.

1. Secret Window - I actually wore that one out even though it's not my favorite I do watch it over and over.

2. Edward Scissorhands - my favorite - a beautiful story with a good message

3. The Man Who Cried - depressingly beautiful so I don't actually watch it often

4. Chocolat - reasons in my post below

5. Sleepy Hollow (gotta love the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp duo)

6. Dead Poet's Society (one that doesnt' have Mr. Depp in it)

7. City Slickers - a family favorite


7. Seven people I want to join in, too: (Not fair - Gary tagged everyone I would have, but here are a few others.)

1 Cody

2 Annie

3 Frank

4 Karen

5 Rhymes with Kerouac

6

7

OK, don't shoot me. I don't KNOW anyone else who has not already done this. In fact, I imagine that the folks above have done this already. Maybe instead of naming 2 more people I'll make up my own thingy to tag people with. ;)

6 comments:

Gary Means said...

yeah, come up with your own tagging. You've asked great sets of questions over the years that I've known you.

I hereby volunteer to be tagged.

David Cho said...

That only one of the seven movies I've seen is Dead Poets Society. That was excellent. Good choice.

Good to see you back.

Bruce said...

You posted! That's great. Gary tagged me also, but I'm still working on my Seven Sevens. Good to see you are still with us. What's been going on in your life?

B~

see-through faith said...

interesting answers

Karen on the Journey said...

Hi Amber!
I've started to respond to your questions on my blog.:)
Come check it out when you get a chance.

see-through faith said...

Blessed Christmas Amber!