About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Life in Limbo

"This day we just sailed on ..."

From the diary of Christopher Columbus

That pretty much sums up my life of late. Just putting one foot in front of the other and taking things a day at a time. I can't really look too much further ahead than a day because things change far too rapidly. It's good practice for me, and a good reminder that so much of life is out of my control and the best I can do is take life as it comes and trust God.

Here's a bit of what's been going on:

Taser, our new puppy became ill about 3 days after we got her. We took her to the vet and discovered that she had worms. Apparently the kind of worms she had were the kind that can cause the intestines to turn inside out - obviously a fatal condition. The vet gave her some medicine and the next day she was a new dog. Life was good again until a few days later when she became even more ill. We were all convinced that she was on her deathbed. Another trip to the vet for an x-ray, fluids, more medicine. She was really not doing well at all and I was upset because I was due to go work a 12 hour shift and really didn't want to leave her. We prayed ... hard ... and I gave her some chicken to encourage her to eat. To our amazement, she came alive when she caught a wiff of the chicken and has been quite well ever since. She is back to being a menace and has probaby doubled her size in 2 weeks. Now if I could just get her to stop biting me! I've taken to biting her back in hopes that she'll get the message that people are not food.

The mission trip to Pine Ridge is going pretty normal, which of course means that NOTHING is predictable. Last week we lost 3 team members and almost canceled the trip, then the next day we gained two more team members and the trip was back on.

Today my son called at 6:30 am to tell me he and the girl he rides to school with were in a wreck. He said he was fine so I called the school to let them know he would be late. Two hours later he called from the nurse's office to ask me to bring Advil to school for him - his back was hurting since the wreck. The driver of the car that rear-ended them was in the counrty illegally and did not have insurance. This afternoon my husband is taking Logan to the ER to be checked out just to be sure he's OK since he is having back pain.


That's what has been going on here .... I'll try to get back to real blogging sometime soon. :\

3 comments:

Bruce said...

This post WAS some real blogging. Be praying for you and your family (and dog). Biting him back? That must taste good. :-)

B~

David Cho said...

Sorry to hear. Ouch.

Hang in there. You are in my thoughts. Please keep us posted

Bar Bar A said...

Wow, lots going on! I am so glad your son was not seriously injured but am sorry that his back is hurting, I hope its temporary.

Good news about Taser, you must have been so scared.

Keeping putting one foot in front of the other...sometimes that's all we can do :)