About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, February 17, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

David and Barbara have both asked what's up with me. I suppose it must seem like I've fallen off the face of the earth, but I have not. At least not yet. There are days that doesn't sound like a bad idea though. ;)

In some ways it seems as if there's nothing new really going on and in other ways it seems as if everything is going on. Maybe that's normal.

Taser
Taser is doing well. She is growing like a weed and becoming a real pain in the butt at times but she is healthy and happy and for that I am grateful. She is 3 months old today and here are some pics that I just took of her a few minutes ago.

















Sitting on the couch pretending to be a lady.
















Doing her favorite thing - chewing up and destroying everything in sight.


Pine Ridge Mission Trip
We are also up and running with the 2006 trip to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Once we get into the planning stages that becomes like a second job for me. There is SO much to do and time really begins to fly. You can read about some of our plans for this year's trip at my other blog.


Bad News From Haiti
Speaking of missions .... I was shocked and saddened to learn that one of the men who we met in Haiti was brutally murdered last week. He acted as our guard while we were there and was a lot of fun and a really sweet guy. His murder was particularly brutal and I wish I could tell you the details but I've been asked not to share too much about it until a later time. Please be in prayer for the mission there as Tony was with them for several years and was much loved and will be missed by so many people. He is the one on the left - the one who looks like Eddie Murphy.















Pray for Carly
I would also ask you to be praying for Carly. She is a 6 year-old little girl in our church who just found out she has Leukemia. Apparently it's a bad kind of Leukemia too. She was given only a 40% chance of survial unless they can find a bone marrow match. Her 2 year-old little brother is the best chance for a match but there was only a 25% chance that he would be. It turns out that he is not a match. And Carly is not responding well to the chemo so they have tested her heart to see if she can stand a stronger dose of chemo. So far we're all just waiting to see if this will work. Her family has been under a lot of stress for a long time - her daddy just came back from Iraq a few days before Carly was diagnosed. Please pray for her.

The Rolling Stones
In other news, I am going to get to see the Stones in concert afterall. Well sort of. On the 28th a movie theater near me is broadcasting the Stones concert from Brazil and I'm going. :) I have no idea who will go with me, but I'll go alone if necessary. It may seem strange to some people that someone who is a pastor's wife and into missions would also like the Rolling Stones but what can I say - "it's only rock and roll but I like it. Yes I do".

7 comments:

Jesus Hates You said...

God isn't real, FYI. Cute dog, though

Amber said...

Hey Jesus hates you.

Thanks for dropping by. Yeah, my dog is cute. Very cute. :)

As for God not being real.... I guess it depends on which God you are talking about.

David Cho said...

Wow, lots of stuff to digest. Good that Taser is doing well. Sorry to hear about the murder. Wow. I cannot begin to imagine..

Bar Bar A said...

Amber, Thanks for posting! First and foremost - I would go to the Stones with you in a heatbeat!

Taser is adorable! Her ears are huge!

Girlfriend, is sounds like you are very busy and on top of that have some real burdens on your heart with what happened to Tony and what Carly is going through. I wish I could give you a hug. You are in my prayers.

Interesting comment you got here - you had a good answer for him/her.

Amber said...

David - yeah, the murder was really horriffic. I can say this much, he was made to watch them dig his grave and then decapitated. :\ Haiti is a whole different world. Somewhere close to Hell I think.

Barbara - I would love for you to go to see the Stones with me. When I heard they were doing a tour and that they would be fairly close to where I live I really wanted to go - until I found out how much tickets are going for. No Stones concert for me in this lifetime. :) So watching it on the big screen will have to do. Even that should be fun though.

Bruce said...

Glad to have you back posting. I didn't ask where you've been because I know how time can get past you, and suddenly you realize how long it's been between posts. Great looking dog...however, I'm glad she is yours and not mine. I don't think I can handle a puppy again. Have fun at the concert. From the looks of them at the Super Bowl they may need walkers. :-)

B~

Rick said...

My all-time favorite band. People bust thier chops but there's nobody who is current in the industry that we'll be lsitening to 30 years from now... or 40 years from now.

I recently made a post about their song "Mother's Little Helper".

Nice to have found you... enjoyed and appreciated your reamrks about recovery.

Peace,

Rick