Gary did this on his blog and suggested that we give it a try so here it is ... 100 things about me. (WHO in their right mind would really want to read this???)
1. I am an only child.
2. My only sister died before I was born.
3. I once had a job driving a bread truck for Brownberry Bread.
4. I went to college with Steven Curtis Chapman - he was just Steve then and performed with his brother and another guy in the Chapman Daniel's Band.
5. I had considered asking the Chapman brothers to sing at my wedding.
5. My husband was Steven Curtis Chapman's advisor and advised him NOT to go into music. (Great call Brian - how many Grammy's does he have now??)
6. My husband lived next door to Tom Hanks and was friends with his brother Jim.
7. I think cleaning house is a terrible waste of time.
8. I was born at noon on Thanksgiving Day.
9. Some of my batty old aunts tell me that we are related to Sir Francis Drake - a pirate.
10. I love to fall asleep watching Edward Scissorhands (the storybook feel is comforting and puts me right out - besides it's a really sweet story)
11. I love dogs.
12. Most dogs like me too.
13. I have wanted a horse since I was big enough to know what one was.
14. I will never have a horse.
15. I will very likely never see the Rolling Stones live ... but there's always hope - at least as long as they are still alive.
16. I once met Archie Griffin and held a conversation with him and then walked away not having a clue who he was.
17. My dream car is a '65 Mustang - red, of course.
18. My frist crush was when I was in 7th grade and had a huge crush on a senior guy. When my friends told him that I liked him in front of all of his friends, he was very kind and did not laugh or do anything to embarass me.
19. When I was in 8th grade I had a crush on a 10th grade guy. He surprised me and liked me back and when he wanted to sit with me at a basketball game it scared me to death and I ran all the way home. I had not planned on him liking me back.
20. I am a terrible speller.
21. I am only on #21 and I am already bored with this list.
22. I went through a 15th century castle in Transalvania (Romania) - with a torch. How cool is that?
23. My favorite hymn is "Great is Thy Faithfulness".
24. I used to have a home daycare and kept 4 kids plus my own two.
25. One day all the kids in my home daycare were driving me nuts so I told them that I was just going to shoot all of them. I then grabbed my supersoaker water gun and chased them through the house soaking them with water.
26. Their mother walked in and saw it so I shot her too.
27. I once dated a guy who was a pitcher for the Expos.
28. I also once dated a guy who wanted to be the next Ted Nugent.
29. I can't stand to see an animal hurt.
30. I hate war.
31. I have the utmost respect for the men and women who serve in the military. I dont think we will ever be able to thank them enough and I find it appalling that we allow so many of our veterans to live on the streets when they have come home safe but not sound.
32. I used to play guitar but my dog would not even listen to it.
33. I used to play clarinet in the HS band and my dog howled in pain when I practiced.
34. When the band director finally discovered that I could not really play the clarinet he made me the "flag girl".
35. I like mice.
36. I do not like bugs.
37. I do not like snakes.
38. I do not like heights.
39. In spite of my fear of heights I hope to go skydiving someday ... hopefully before too long.
40. I fear swimming in the ocean.
41. I have eaten alligator.
42. I have also eaten some sort of mystery meat and drank "hot swamp water" (moonshine) while I was lost on a canoe trip.
43. I have no earthly idea how to download a song from the internet.
44. I love to read psychological thrillers.
45. I sometimes feed my family ice cream for supper.
46. I go on a date with my husband every week.
47. I think perfect mental health if overrated.
48. I have a weakness for hats, funky sunglasses, and jackets.
49. My biggest struggle in life is accepting mself. Despite years of therapy I don't think I will ever really accept myself.
50. It has been a long time since I have slept so I'm going to bed and will finish this list later.