About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

17 Years Ago

Seventeen years ago at this very moment, I was giving birth to my second child. That's his most recent picutre with his used-to-be girlfriend. I could tell you what a great kid he is, that he loves baseball, playing with his Play Station, that he has never given me and his dad a moment's trouble. I could tell you that he's honest and trustworthy.

I could tell you that he is often chosen as a "leader" in school. I could tell you that all the girls go nuts over him. But then, I'm his mom so you might think I was a wee bit prejudiced.

So I could back up my claims by telling you that all of his teachers say the same thing, and always have. I could also tell you that his boss at McDonald's offered him a $3 raise to stay when he gave his 2 week notice. I could also tell you that the reason he quit McDonald's is becuase when he was working there a man and his family came in and noticed how polite Logan was and began talking to him and eventually offered him a job at Frischs. But then you would just think I was bragging. Darn right I am. :)

4 comments:

Perplexio said...

Having pride in your children is nothing to be ashamed of. It's quite admirable actually. I don't have any of my own yet but I am very proud of my nieces and nephews. :-)

newloghere said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Gayle said...

Congratulations and Best Wishes, Allison and Cody!!! You are a beautiful couple. I've heard very nice things about you, Allison. God bless you both. Gayle Chapman (Courtney's Mom :-)

Gayle said...

Congratulations and Best Wishes, Allison and Cody!!! You are a beautiful couple. I've heard very nice things about you, Allison. God bless you both. Gayle Chapman (Courtney's Mom :-)