About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Back to the Daily Grind





We're back! Two days doesn't seem like much of a vacation - especially when it's been so long since we've had one - and when the destiniation is only 3 hours away. But it was good to get away for some one-on-one time with my husband.

It is one of the most serene places I've been to. When you hike down those trails to the waterfalls and gorges, it is so quiet. Even if there are other people around, all you can really hear are the sounds of nature.

And it was fun to take Taser (our puppy) and watch her explore new places. It is really pretty in Hocking Hills. I've lived in Ohio for most of my life and never knew Ohio could be that pretty until we went to "the hills".








Taser had one near miss with a ceramic dog at a general store. When her "big, bad, ferious dog" bark didn't scare it off, she took shelter hiding between my legs. Everyone coming out of the store stopped to watch and laugh at her.











On the way home we went past an Amish furniture place and found a beautiful porch swing. Twenty-three years ago my husbnad bought me a big rustic porch swing for a wedding present even though we were broke and really didn't have the money or a porch. Now that swing is almost rotted away and isn't safe to sit in. We saw this swing and loved it. And were amazed at how low the price was - so we bought it for ourselves for an anniversary present (our anniversary isn't until June but we wont be back that way for a long time). Then we had to get it home - in a Jeep Wrangler. That turned out to be interesting to say the least since there isn't a lot of room in a Jeep and we already had a large dog crate and our luggage in the cargo area. We finally took the top off and stood the swing upright, then tied everything including the doggie crate down and took off. Yeah, we looked like the Beverly Hillbillys, but we saved the cost of shipping the swing and had fun at the same time.






Some of you have asked for pics of Taser as she grows, so here she is....









5 comments:

Ginger said...

Looks like it was a WONDERFUL vacation! It's hard to come back to real life after those, isn't it?

Amber said...

It was nice. Two days just isn't enough when you haven't had a vacation in 5 years. I know some people who have never had a vacation so I suppose I can't complain. I just really wish my husband could at least get a whole week away, preferably two. The stress of his job is really wearing on him.

Bar Bar A said...

What a great time....all three of you are so cute and Taser is so funny!
I hope your husband can get more time off too. It looked like a great time.

I missed you, girl.

Gary Means said...

Taser is great! I'm am almost ready to consider getting a dog for my son. And I LOVE German Shepherds. Taser is so beautiful.

Oh, and I'm glad you guys had a good time too! :)

David Cho said...

Wow, he is really grown. Not bad for a dog who almost didn't survive. He looks great, but we all know who the best dog in the world is :-)