About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Gone For a Few Days

We are leaving for what is supposed to be our vacation this year. If that sounds like I'm disappointed, I am a little bit. It's been a long time since we have had a real vacation and I had hoped to have one this year. My husband has a very stressful job (minister) and really values time away to relax and refresh but he has graciously given that up for the past few years so that he can go with me when our group goes on the Pine Ridge mission trips. I had decided that this year I was going to pay for him to have a real vacation rather than putting a lot of my own money into the mission trips. I kind of felt like I had done my part and then some and that ministering to my husband by giving him time on "some beach, somewhere" was just as important. But in the end, we couldn't afford to do what I had planned so we canceled our reservations and settled for two days away at one of our favorite places. We will be going to a state park a few hours from home. Hocking Hills is beautiful. Really beautiful. It is one of the most peaceful places on earth, almost like a holy place. We're taking our puppy Taser and will hide out in the woods for a while. I'll see ya'll when we are back.

*The waterfall in the pic is one of the places we will be hanging out.

3 comments:

Gary Means said...

If vacation-envy is a sin, then get out that red "SINNER" stamp and plant it right on my forehead.

My vacation last year was to have my gall bladder removed. Two years ago it was to have a pituitary tumor removed.

I think I'll have a vacation this year. Have no idea as to when or where. My wife is going to visit her sister in Alaska for a week. I'm going to a conference for three days. I guess maybe we'll go to Canada again. It's beautiful, but it's our fallback destination. Time to break out of the mold. ew, mold . . . yuck.

Lorna said...

God bless your time away Amber.

yo4rker said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»