About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Call Me Crazy, But

I may be nuts but I would love to do this....



I don't know if I'll ever get to. For one thing, money would be an issue, and secondly and more importantly, I'm not sure my motive is right. I would want to do it just because I want to do it. Sure the chance to reach out to other people on the other side of the world is very attractive to me, but I'd have to wonder if the adventure of it is not just as big of a attraction for me. That's an issue I would have to settle in my mind before I could consider it.

Anyway, check out their web site at Overland Missions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it. Don't try to analyze your motives. God is speaking to you when he lays it on your heart to want to go. It may mean that to have the money, you will need to sacrifice some things that you have or want. When you are willing to support yourself and not depend on others, that is the time to go.

Bar Bar A said...

My best friend used to analyze her motives for wanting to serve God overseas. Once she set foot in Africa she KNEW it was a calling and now she's thinking of MOVING there!!! And if you don't have the money - can you raise support to go? CCC has tons of mission trips to choose from (you probably knew that). I don't think you are crazy at all!!

MsDee said...

Put it in prayer
It's a good thing to want to do
If it's Gods will the doors will open for you
and when those doors start opening run through them with a boldness and a confidence that only God can give

Be blessed

Firefly said...

I would love to do this as well but I am affraid because I don't know if that is what the Lord is calling me to do. Sometimes we need to sit still and let God speak. I like your blog very much. Whenever you have time check out mine.
http://firefly06.blogspot.com/
God bless...