About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Don't

I won't go into all the details but I'm struggling lately. In my passion for missions/outreach/the poor/etc., I can get a really bad attitude toward the Church and become very cynical. It's perhaps my biggest fault. At times I don't like who I am becoming at all.

The other day I bought a U2 DVD and was excited to open it. There was a little booklet inside and I began thumbing through it expecting to find all sorts of goodies - you know, all the good info that you can often find in those inserts. But that was not to be found in this music DVD. There were several pages with one word per page. Together they read:

Don't

become

a monster

in order

to defeat a monster.



Good advice. And very timely.

6 comments:

Jon Cox said...

That is exactly right! :o)

David Cho said...

Wow, what a powerful statement. It came just at the right time for me.

Amber said...

Hi Jon and welcome! I like your art. :)

David. Yeah, it is powerful and just when I needed it too.

Bruce said...

Perfect.

B~

Christine said...

U2~~ love those guys and their brains!

yo4rker said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested