About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Dump it All in One Post

I've been short on time lately and there have been some responses that I've not gotten around to responding to as well as some changes to my blog that I've not updated readers on.

So, since I don't have a lot of time, I think I'll just put it all in one post.

Work
Work is wild. The new client is still in the house. Not good. We've all been trying to put some pressure on our company to get her out, but she is still here. Who knows when she'll leave. They told us 6 more days. Right. She was supposed to be gone 2 weeks ago. Last night she got a bit upset on me. Long story, but the only way I could diffuse the situation was to promise her I would come in early tonight if her and the second shift staff had problems. For some reason, she likes me. I guess I should be glad of that, but for some reason, I'm not. It means I may have to be around her more than I care to. It's not that I don't' like her, I do, but I don't trust her. I don't feel safe at all with her in the house and have threatened to quit if they don't remove her. I am really angry with my company too - for many reasons.

Life
As I mentioned, my life has been a bit crazy lately. I've been working on the Pine Ridge trip. This is the fun part - where I get to start shopping and packing and the trip starts to come together in a more tangible way. It's a lot of work but it's fun too. Just pretty time-consuming. This coming week I will also be busy. My in-laws are coming for a visit next weekend. This is the cool part - my father-in-law is being inducted into a local Hall of Fame. Back in 1957 he coached basketball for a tiny little school in Ohio. They amazed everyone and went to state and I (think) won! Just the fact that such a small school could make it to state is a big deal though, and after 50 years, he is finally being honored for this achievement. I'll be having an Open House next Sat. to celebrate the occasion.

Mission Trips
I posted below about how I'd love to go on one of the Overland Missions' Trips. I would. It's not really about me analyzing my motives. I learned a long time ago that if I waited until I had pure motives I would never do anything. I don't even think it's possible for anyone to have pure motives about much of anything, and I think that's OK. My issue is that the overriding attraction for me is one that reeks of self-indulgence. And sine self-indulgence is my big gripe with the church in general, then I just couldn't be part of it. I don't' know if that makes sense, but it does to me. In the end, I have to answer to God and I couldn't do it with a clear conscience at this point. Maybe that will change. Or maybe I'll just go and be self-indulgent. Is is God telling me to go? I doubt it. Maybe He is and I'll certainly keep my mind open to it, but I know that there are a lot of things that I have a desire to do and I'm pretty sure it's not God telling me to do it. :)

Another thing too is that I am already spread pretty thin in the missions arena. If I could go on another trip each year, I would probably go to Haiti. I've been there and have some connections there and a group from my church goes there every year. Whoever was talking about sacrifice - you're really preaching to the choir there. :) With the mission team that I coordinate, I always tell them that I expect some sacrifice on their part. And I tell them I won't ask of them anything that I do not do. It would be less than humble of me to share what I've sacrificed, but know that I have indeed done so and continue to do so.

Anonymous Responses
I've made a change to this blog (not my others). Anonymous responses are no longer allowed. I apologize for the inconvenience and know that some will simply not respond because of this. My decision has nothing to do with any responses here. In fact, it has nothing to do with anything that has happened in the blogsphere. It has everything to do with a situation in "real life". It's simply a change to help me feel a little safer here.

1 comment:

Bar Bar A said...

Venting feels good, glad you got it all out :)