About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Just a Couple of Things That Baffle Me

Blogging. That's right, I do it, but I really don't "get it". I started my first blog to get information out to our team and our church family about our mission trips. At some point I decided to do a personal blog - this one. When I began it, I did it just for me, not thinking that anyone else would be intereted in spending their time reading about me and my life and what random thoughts are traveling through my head at the moment. To my sheer amazement, people do read here. Not a lot of people, but way more than I ever thought would. One rather controversial post seems to have attracted the most attention in my church family and I discovered just how many people DO read here. Not sure that's a good thing, but what is, is.

YouTube. Since we finally got out of the dark ages and got broadband, I've discovered videos. Before they were just too much of a pain to try to watch because of the slow dial-up connection. Then I discovered that I could post my own slide shows that I made by uploading them to YouTube. I never for one moment thought that other people would watch them. I made them to put on the Pine Ridge blog and later the Romania blog so that folks from church who were interested could see what we do. Again, to my sheer amazement, a lot of folks on YouTube (I have no idea who) seem to be watching my ameturish videos. Stranger still, the WORST video is the one that has been watched the most. ?????

So, the only conclusion I can come up with is, the internet is a strange world and you just can never tell what people will watch/read and what they will not.

SO, if you happen to be interested .... here are my YouTube videos.

3 comments:

David Cho said...

The youtube link for yours doesn't work. What is your user id?

Amber said...

I think I fixed the link. If not, my user id is aburiff

Bar Bar A said...

I love Youtube and actually have a little video of my pet rats on there somewhere.

I will check yours faves out soon.