About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Thought for the Day

Then Jephthah gathered together all the men of Gilead,
and fought with Ephraim—Judges 12:4

Instead of fighting their enemy, the Hebrews fought each other. Civil war erupted over foolish jealousy, pride, lying and name-calling. Some were ridiculed because they differed in their opinions. Others were envied because of their success.

In the final analysis, over 42,000 died because they pronounced their words differently. The casualties of fighting each other were far greater than the casualties of fighting the real enemy.
The greatest enemy we have is not that which is outside of ourselves, outside our circle of fiends, outside our families, or outside our church. The greatest enemy threat is that which comes from within. Usually it boils down to the pettiest issues. Yes—petty.

Diffuse that hot situation. Employ love, humility, tolerance, and understanding. Remember Christ’s prayers, “That they may be one … that the world may believe that thou hast sent me” (John 17:21).

from Serenity for the Soul by Brian Buriff

3 comments:

Bar Bar A said...

Wow, that was good! I guess I should tell Brian that, huh? Thanks for sharing it with us. Very true words.

Bar Bar A said...

Hey, who knew he had a book? I obviously just clicked the link after leaving the post. WOW! I'm going to have to get it.

Amber said...

Yeah, he's got 3 of 'em. I've actually not read this one completely. The only book of Brian's I've read from cover to cover is Beyond the Passion. I'm more of a fiction reader I guess.