About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

21

I'm not sure how or when it happened but my son will turn 21 on Sunday. I can't be old enough to have a 21 year old... I only feel about 25 myself.

Since on Saturday he will be leaving for Canada for a month on a wilderness survival Campus Crusade trip, we celebrated his birthday tonight. And since he is leaving for the wilderness, he decided to get a mohawk. It's going to take some getting used to for me, but I've never been one to fuss about external things that do not matter.

It kind of reminds me of another of his birthdays ... when he was in 5th grade his birthday fell on the last day of school. To celebrate he wanted to do something wild with his hair so we dyed it green. It's something he will always rememeber because he was asked to leave school when he arrived with green hair. The principal asked him if his mother knew about it and he replied, "she did it". Opps. I didn't know they had a rule about green hair. Oh well, we've had a lot of laughs about it.

I could write a long post all about how proud I am of him but I'm his mom and that all goes without saying. He's an amazing guy. Never given us a minute of trouble. Is going into ministry and has a passion for God that puts me to shame. But I still can't believe he's 21.








4 comments:

Bar Bar A said...

Ok, when I read mohawk I was picturing something like what Mr. T had (remember him!)

Your son looks great with this cut! I like it, it has some style to it.

You must have only been about 14 when you had him cause you look about 35.

David Cho said...

You are a proud Mama. Congratulations.

Sarah said...

What a doll, you don't look near old enough to have a 21 year old.

steelboy28 said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»