About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, June 09, 2006

50 Years and Still Counting

Tonight we celebrated my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. It was fun. A lot of work, but fun. We invited several of their friends to a restaurant for dinner then went to my parent's house for cake and punch. I made a video with their pictues and put it to 50's music. I think people who grew up in the 50's had more fun than we did - their music was fun music. I also made a wedding album for them since they never had one. And we had the cake made to look like a wedding cake. I have to give credit where credit is due. David from A Piece of Cake by David did an outstanding job with the cake. If you live in my area, I highly recommend him for any cakes you may need.

The thing that was the most fun though was seeing my mom and dad both enjoy the evening. Usually my mother will not allow anyone to do anyting nice for her. This evening was like pulling teeth to get her to let me do it, but once done, she really did enjoy it.

I am grateful for parents who have stayed together through all the rough times (and there were rough times) and who taught me what marriage and real love looks like.







1 comment:

Bar Bar A said...

Not to many people get the honor of celebrating this with their parents, I'm glad you did. Looks like everyone had fun!