About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Sometimes Life is Just Too Good

If you know me, you know I love the Rolling Stones, U2 and Bono, and Johnny Depp. And you might also know that I am planning a pirate birthday party for the kids on the Pine Ridge Indian reservation as part of our mission trip there. Well how cool is it that ALL of the above mentioned persons have one thing in common - pirates!

For anyone in the dark, Johnny Depp made the role of Captain Jack Sparrow quite famous and made Disney a lot of money on a little film called Pirates of the Caribbean. Disney is set to release the sequel to that film next week, July 7th to be exact. :)

Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones was the model Johnny Depp used to create the character of Captain Jack Sparrow. And has been rumored far and wide that Keith Richards will make an appearance in one of the sequels as Captain Jack's father. When they had the premiere for the second film a few days ago, Jerry Bruckheimer (sp?) announced that Keith is set to film in Sept. and will in fact appear in the 3rd Pirates movie which is scheduled for May 2007.

And now for Bono. Bono too has taken to piracy as a contributor on a collection of priate songs that will soon be released.

Can it get any better??

1 comment:

Bar Bar A said...

Thanks for the breaking news on Bono's priate songs! You know I love those three too :) I can't wait to hear about the party you and the kids have. It will be so fun.

Pirates that look like Johnny D. Rock n Roll. Yep, good stuff.