About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Proof!

*note* If you've not read the post below, you might want to read it first.

Well, if you must have proof, here is it. I mustered all my courage, walked into the storage room, located the ghastly air mattress and battery pack, dragged them to the living room and attempted to make heads or tails of the apparatus. When I assumed I had the right nozzel, I plugged it in and turned it on and to my utter amazement, everything worked! The air went in with amazing simplicity. Fears conqured! Filling an air mattress may not be a big deal to you, but it's more than I accomplished in 5 years of mission trips. Sad, I know.

I've always relied on some kind person to fill my air mattress for me. And I am extremely grateful to all such kind souls. But I wonder if I might have learned to do this myself much earlier if my fear had not been enabled?

I just remembered.... I still have to see if they will STAY filled.

Oh bugger.

I'll let you know.....

6 comments:

see-through faith said...

good for you (and laughing too)

Brian Buriff said...

With my hot air, I'm usually that "kind person"! :)

Layla said...

Yes, please let us know if they stay filled!

LOL what Brian said - you two are the cutest couple ever!!

David Cho said...

LOL.

Now how does it not stay filled unless it has holes?

Bruce said...

So tell me, is it still full?

Amazing what we can accomplish once we overcome our fears.

B~

Amber said...

OK, I'm happy to report that the blasted thing did stay full! Apparently I have no holes!! I've mastered that .... now if I can manage my crew I'll be in really good shape. That's another story in and of itself. ;)