About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, August 25, 2006

I'm Not Crazy I'm Just a Little Unwell

Today I was at Walmart buying the very last of the backpack/school supplies for the 2007 Pine Ridge trip when I realized that I've been overstressed lately.

As I was kneeling in an isle and counting 2-pocket folders I heard a woman behind me talking. Not wanting to disrupt my counting (those buggers are a pain to count) I ingnored her thinking she was talking to someone else. After a few minutes she kindly said, "don't mind me ...I'm not really talking to anyone in particular". Surprised, I replied, "Oh, I thought you were talking to a little boy". Then it occured to me that there was no little boy and I said, "Gee, I don't know which of us is in worse shape - you're talking to people who aren't there and I'm seeing people who aren't there".

So why is this blog worthy? I have no idea.

3 comments:

Bar Bar A said...

Because its funny in the way that many of us can relate. I think we've all had moments when we felt a bit "unwell" and over stressed. :)

I was just at Brian's blog. Good stuff over there.

hallchick said...

we all talk to are self it is when you answer your self you start to wonder if you are ok.

Brian Buriff said...

You need a vacation. Let's elope to Alaska - just you and me this weekend. How about it?