About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Only Baggage You Can Bring

This will be my last post for a while. I am heading to Alaska with my sweetie. It will be the first real vacation we've had in several years, and yes, we both need it. Badly.

I will miss my boys, my dogs, my blog, and quite possibly my ipod.



Since the terror alerts I understand that you cannot take ipods in your carry on luggage any longer. Bummer. That and a good book was going to be my saving grace on the 11 hour flight.

Not wanting to believe it, I was checking the airline web site this morning hoping to find out that I can take my ipod. I never did find a definitive answer but as I was browsing the site AND listening to my beloved device I heard these lines, quite distinctively, in my ears....

"The only baggage you can bring, is all that you can't leave behind".

Think that tells me something?

Be back next week...

6 comments:

annie said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Bar Bar A said...

Have a great time A and B! You deserve it!

Bruce said...

Hope you have a great time. Or, I guess by the time you read this, HAD a great time. Look forward to hearing about it.

B~

David Cho said...

I just took a plane and it wasn't so bad. Have a great time.

Rainbow dreams said...

Alaska, wow! Have a fantastic time

MsDee said...

Have fun and relax