About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Questions

Here are some questions that are familiar to everyone but this time, tell us why these are your favorites. Maybe we will learn something about you - other than what your favorites are.

1. What is your favorite TV show - and why?

2. What is your favorite book (fiction or non-fiction) - and why?

3. What is your favorite comfort food - and why?

4. What is your favorite way to relax - and why?

5. What is your favorite CD or album - and why?

My answers ....

Favorite TV show - Criminal Minds. Why? Because I love crime/psychological thrillers/mysteries/ etc. I majored in Psychology and was working on a minor in Criminology. I guess I'm intrigued by abnormal behavoir.

Favorite book - that's a tough one because I read so much and love so many books. I guess I'll go with the book that has been most helpful to me - outside of the bible. That would be Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend. It's the only self-help book that ever really helped.

Favorite comfort food - Assuming that coffee doesn't count as a food, I would have to say chicken noodle soup. Homemade. Mine. Why? Because it is SOOOO good and there is nothing like curling up with a cup of warm soup on a cold day - or when you're sick.

Favorite way to relax - crashing on the couch with a soft comfy pillow, a good book, and my grandma's old quilt. Why? I love my grandma's quilt. I love to read. And I love the feeling of putting my feet under the coolness of the quilt.

Favorite CD - U2's All That You Can't Leave Behind. Why? Because it seems to me the theme of the entire album is one of encouragement, grace, and God making something good out of something bad. Examples: Beautiful Day - "see the bird with the leaf in her mouth, after the flood all the colors came out". Walk On - "What you've got they can't steal it, no they can't even feel it. Walk on." Elevation - "You elevate my soul. I've lost all self-control. Been living like a mole. Love, lift me out of these blues. Won't you tell me something true. I believe in you." Grace - "Grace makes beauty of ugly things". I get discouraged easily and need to hear the message in these songs.

1 comment:

Brian Buriff said...

My favorite TV show -- you guessed it "Everybody Loves Raymond" - just cracks me up.

My favorite author -- no, not me - rather it's Clive Custler - great clean adventure & oceanography fiction.

My favorite comfort food -- hot buttered movie theatre popcorn - oh and don't forget the salt - not that white stuff - but the yellow popcorn salt. Ah - now we're talking!