About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tagged, OK, Here Goes....

Several days ago Barbara tagged me and I'm just now getting around to doing this. I could say that I've been busy (which I have been) but the real reason for putting this off is ..... it's embarrassing. Embarrassing because I listen to the same thing .... all the time... at least according to my ipod and we know those buggers are accurate. Yep, every song was a U2 song. Sad, I know. I think I'll take some liberty regarding this tag and instead of posting all 20 songs on the playlist, I'll just post some of them and give the reason why that particular song gets my attention. You'll learn more about me that way anyway.

The reason I think I am so into U2 is because they sing my heart. Not since Rich Mullins has an artist/band expressed the sentiments of my heart so consistently. Nearly every song has something about it that is really meaningful in some significant way.

Here's the deal:
1. Turn on your favorite media player and turn your shuffle feature on.
2. Hit "play" and keep track of the next 20 songs that come up. (If you have iTunes, you can make a smart playlist that will automatically list your most recently played selections.)
3. Post your 20 shuffled songs, along with these instructions. You are not allowed to lie, omit tracks or otherwise try to make your musical taste seem hipper than it actually is.
4. Tag five people on your friends list to do the same.

1. Walk On ("What you've got they can't steal it, no they can't even feel it, Walk on".)

2. Beautiful Day ("See the bird with the leaf in her mouth. After the flood all the colors came out. It's a beautiful day".)

3. Kite (this one makes me cry because it is kind of where I'm at in life with my parents aging and my sons growing up and leaving home - "Who's to say where the wind will take you? Who's to say what it is will break you? I don't know, where the wind will blow. Who's to know when the time has come around? I don't want to see you cry I know that this is not goodbye. There's a kite blowing out of control on the breeze. I wonder what's gonna happen to you You wonder what has happened to me...")

4. Where the Streets Have No Name ("I want to runI want to hideI want to tear down the walls. That hold me inside. I want to reach out. And touch the flame. Where the streets have no name")

5. Vertigo (And though your soul it can't be bought your mind can wander. I'm at a place called vertigo. It's everything I wish I didn't know but you give me something I can feel. I can feel your love is teaching me how to kneel.")

6. Yahweh (Take this city. A city should be shining on a hill. Take this city. If it be your will. What no man can own, no man can take. Take this heart. And make it break.")

7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (I believe in the kingdom come. Then all the colors will bleed into one. Well, yes I'm still running. You broke the bonds and you loosed the chains. Carried the cross of my shame. You know I believed it. But I still haven't found what I'm looking for.)

8. Love and Peace or Else ("Lay your love on the track. We're gonna break the monster's back. Lay down your treasure. Lay it down now brother. You don't have time for a jealous lover. As you enter this life I pray you depart, with a wrinkled face and a brand new heart. I don't know if I can take it. I'm not easy on my knees. Here's my heart you can break it.")

9. City of Blinding Lights ("Don't look before you laugh. Look ugly in a photograph. Flash bulbs purple irises the camera can't see. I've seen you walk unafraid. I've seen you in the clothes you made. Can you see the beauty inside of me?")

10. Elevation ("You elevate my soul. I've got no self control. Been living like a mole now going down, excavation. You make me feel like I can fly. So high. Elevation. Love. Lift me up out of these blues. Won't you tell me something true. I believe in you.)


11. Crumbs From Your Table (You speak of signs and wonders. I need something other. I would believe if I was able but I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table.)

12. Miracle Drug (this is a song about Bono's childhood friend Christy Nolan who's story can be found here. It's my song for Carly. "I've seen enough I'm not giving up on a miracle drug. Of science and the human heart there is no limit. There is no failure here sweetheart ... Just when you quit")

13 All Because of You (To really understand this song read the last 5 paragraphs of this.)

14 . Original of the Species (Don't laugh. Bono wrote it for his daughter but I sing it to my dog. She likes it by the way. "Baby slow down. The end is not as fun as the start. Please stay a child somewhere in your heart.")

I tag: Brian, Gary, Bruce, David, hallchick (you need to do a blog girl!)

3 comments:

hallchick said...

I don't blog so here is my list
Shelter Me - Bubby Miller
Beautiful Dister - Miranda Stone
Fire and Water - Buddy Miller
Real Emontions live - Los Lonely Boys
Lovely Joan - The Crossing
You don't scare me -The 77's
Aran Boat -The crossing
The Hudson-Dar Willims
I Walk the line-Johnny Cash
Dubble Cure-The Vitantes of love
Son't Get Me Statred -Roney Crowell
Anthony- Nickel Creek
Mustan Ford- Chuck Berry
When In Rome- Nickel Creek
If i have to tell you- The Wayside
Ban the Drum all day-Todd Rundgren
Eleanor it's raining - The lost Dogs
Some kind of wonderful- Joss Stone
Velvet Sky-Los lonely Boys
Perfect Blues -The 77's

Traci said...

Barbara tagged me, too. It is difficult to make the list and be honest, isn't it?
I so wanted to add an disclaimer at the end of my list. "I have cool jazz numbers and radical modern rock and killer punk, too. They just didn't show up on the first 20!" :)

Brian Buriff said...

I don't have a song list to "shuffle", but I can say that my heart is gooey all over...just like it was when I was a kid and got "tagged" by the girl I had a crush on.