About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Meet Hallchick

Hallchick is a friend of mine who attends the church I do and has recently began blogging. She is a really cool lady so I wanted to invite you all to visit her blog and get to know her. Just to embarrass her I will tell you a few things about her....

  • She has a heart for missions and has been to Haiti, Pine Ridge and on Hurricane relief trips to Mississippi and Louisianna after Katrina and Rita.
  • She is a stay at home mom and puts her family first.
  • She has been married to her hubby for a long time now and they both act like a couple of teenagers who are still as much in love today as the day they got married.
  • She is currently batteling breast cancer. In fact, she found out that she had cancer the first day we were at Pine Ridge and she amazed everyone with her courage. I will never forget her saying, "I came out here to do this mission trip this week and that's what I'm going to do". She took a moment to cry with her husband, to call family and friends to let them know the news and then she pitched in and worked like a trooper and never once felt sorry for herself.
  • And last but not least, she sounds EXACTLY like a clucking hen when she laughs.

Go stop in at her blog and say howdy.

3 comments:

Regi McInfly said...

welcome back from Alaska...the pictures are awesome. I can´t believe you saw penguins..i love those litte animals.

I´m going to go say hi to your friend now.

peace

Bar Bar A said...

I love her already! Anyone with all those attributes has got to be an incredible person.

hallchick said...

thanks you really know how to make your freinds feel really good. See if i laugh around you anymore.we have been married 28 years