About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Wish I Had a Picture

I wish I had a picture of my mom's new "do" but I'd have to chase her down and tackle her to get a picture of her - she HATES getting her picture taken. I suppose if I got anything from her it would be 3 things:

  1. My artistic ability
  2. My temper (the Davis temper is well known and feared)
  3. My attitude about life - which is simply to stop trying to figure it out and go live it.

My mom has been debating about getting a new hairstyle - short & spiky! She went 3 weeks ago and the young hairdresser refused to cut it that way for her. So she went to someone else and explained what she wanted and that the other girl wouldn't do it. The hairdresser said, 'Well no wonder ... a 60-something year old lady walks in and wants a spikey do ... you probably scared the girl to death". But she cut it. To the amusement of all who watched - and did they ever watch. As my mom left the salon with her new punk do, all the old ladies sitting under the hairdryers put their magazines aside and kept their eyes glued to my mom. I bet she was the talk of the bridge club that night. Way to go mom!

2 comments:

hallchick said...

all i noteses was that is was short i did not get a good look sunday

Gary Means said...

Hooray for your mom!