About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Even More Bragging

Last night was Parent/Teacher Confrence at the vocational school where Logan (our youngest) is enrolled in the Criminal Justice program. Much to my dismay, Logan is well on his way to becoming a police officer. NOT what I would have chosen for him - I would have much preferred that he chose a safer occupation, but Logan has wanted to be in Law Enforcement since his 5th grade D.A.R.E. officer made an impression on him. So, although it will add a few more grey hairs to my head and a few more lines to my face, I wouldn't dream of trying to stop him from doing the thing he loves.

And there is no doubt that he loves it. His grades even reflect his passion for the job. His teacher had nothing but great things to say about Logan and asked if we had any more kids because he would like to have 10 more like Logan. Logan also made the honor roll this quarter! That is huge since he has always struggled a bit more with school. He's smart but he's one of those kids who never saw the need for certain classes and never put forth much effort in them. Now that he's involved in an educational program that he loves, he's doing very well - even in those classes he once despised. For instance last year he failed Spanish, this year he's passing it with flying colors.

I wish I had a picture of him in his uniform. He looks great in it but he will not let me take a picture of him. I did manage one pic but he deleted it from my camera before I downloaded it. So for now, Barney Fife will have to do.

Oh, and a point worth mentioning ..... he works after school and on weekends at, get this, Dunkin Donuts! Is there a better place for a jr. cop to work??

2 comments:

BarBarA said...

DUNKIN DONUTS! Thats funny. Yep you have every right to be proud. I understand how you would prefer him to be in a safer job. Keven wants to be on the S.W.A.T. team or a car mechanic - go figure.

I wish he'd let you take a pic! These guys have no idea how much it means to their deal old moms to show them off! I am not "allowed" to take pics of Keven either. ;)

Scot- T said...

Wow!! sounds like somebody else I know very well, exactly the same story. That would be me. But if I new back then what I knew now I'd had a change of heart. But, he's going to have to find that out on his own, because when you have the passion you'll listen to your heart.