About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

May each of you who read here have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Holidays can be a double edge sword in that they bring about happy times but they can also intensify pain and heartbreak.
Whatever your situation today, know that all of you who may not fully enjoy this day are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts especially go out to our service men and women and thier families this day.
I am praying for a speedy and safe return for all of our troops.

Below is a picture of me and almost all of my cousins (the family is split so they are not all there). Brad, my cousin who committed suicide a little over a year ago is in the middle next to me.
This was taken in 2001.


9 comments:

Gary Means said...

My dear sister Amber,
I am sorry for your loss and that you have had to endure many difficult times. But I also thank God that He has used trials and tragedies to make you the beautiful person that you are.

I am thankful for the friendship which you and Brian have extended to me. You are VERY special people. I pray that this Thanksgiving would be a blessed time for you and your family.

Gary

Gary means said...

and Happy belated-Birthday wishes.

Amber said...

It's not be-lated. Today is the day. I was born at noon on Thanksgiving Day and the whole family came to the hospital for the event. I guess I know how to make an entrance.

Today is a good day. We're getting ready to go over the my parents and we'll be joined by my soon to be daughter-in-law. Life changes but not all change is bad. =)

BarBarA said...

Happy Birthday again. I left a comment yesterday cause I was not sure if you'd post today.

I remember reading about Brad last year. It's was one of many things you and I have in common - but this losing a cousin (or 2) to suicide is not a fun thing to share with anyone. So sorry for that loss.

So is Brian making you a turkey today, or is he dressing up like one? You never know with him!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to echo Gary's words.

Happy thanksgiving, Amber and Brian.

Regi McInfly said...

Happy Birthday Amber!!!

As of 7:30 this morning you began to share your birthday with my brand new cousin Tristen (apparently he knows how to make an entrance too).

hallga77 said...

Happy Birthday Amber! Most assuredly, not a turkey.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday!! Bar reminded me on Wednesday and I was going to wish this to you on your big day, but Thanksgiving was a busy day for us. And Friday slipped by before I knew it. So, here I am, slow and late as ever. Hope you had a great day anyway.

His peace on you and family
B~

Anonymous said...

just thought I'd let you know a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
http://www.degree-programs-online.info/makingcash.html