About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Turning the Clock Back

I did something this year that a lot of people would probably like to do. I got a year younger. You see, I have gone through this entire year thinking that I was 45 years old. I had noticed on my friend's MySpace that she had her age as being 44 and I know that she and I are the same age so I assumed that she had made a mistake.

Then, at dinner the other night, Brian was talking about how he is going to be 46 at his next birthday. I corrected him, telling him that he is already 46 and will be 47 at his next birthday. He then corrected me, telling me that he was indeed 45 and will be 46. I gave him a puzzled look and asked if I were really only 44 to which he replied "yes".

I was stunned. I've been telling everyone I was 45 and was not looking forward to turning 46 in a few weeks. But now since I've already crossed that bridge (in my mind anyway) maybe turning 45 will be OK.

The only bad thing about discovering you're a year younger than you thought you were is that you then realize that you've aged earlier.

1 comment:

BarBarA said...

You look MAHVELOUS, Darling! You look about 39 to me.

Believe it or not, I have often forgot how old I was in the last few years. I think I subconsciously just don't want to know.