A few things I've learned about Fear:
- Fear is just fear. The feeling that something bad might happen. It isn't something that I can let control my life.
- Fear cannot hurt me. Giving in to my fears can. It can stunt my spiritual/emotional growth.
- The thing we fear, rarely ever happens.
- That God might protect me from the bad thing that "may" happen, but that He will certainly give me whatever I need to get me through the bad thing if it happens.
- Fear is a thief. If I had given in to my fears I would have missed so much. I would not have the wonderful memories that I have or the stories to tell.
- Whatever it is that I'm afraid of will never hurt me as deeply and profoundly as giving in to the fear will.
My biggest fear I have never faced - losing one of my children or my husband. I counldn't imagine how I would deal with losing one of them. It would hurt more than anything else could I suppose and it would take a L-O-N-G, LONG, long time before I would be able to move on. But I also know that even if that most unthinkable thing should happen, that God would be there and somehow He would get me through it.