About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Best Man


I am married to the best man in the universe and just wanted to post a short appreciation for him. Sunday we kicked off the 2007 Pine Ridge trip and we have a HUGE crew this year - 27 people!

Brain is our "bookeeper" and does an excellent job. And a TIME CONSUMING job it is too. He spent a good 5 hours on New Year's Day working on Pine Ridge stuff.

And today he came home exhausted from traveling 2 1/2 hours (one way) to a prison to visit an inmate and is now upstairs doing yet more Pine Ridge account stuff. He's taking the time to do letters for each donor (we've had a lot) so they can take it off of their taxes.

I've put in my share of hours the last 2 days too but it's my passion, not his. He just does a lot of the money work for us and not many people really know how much of his time goes into it. So...

THANK YOU Brian!

5 comments:

BarBarA said...

He sure is a good man!!!!

Congrats on such a big group for this year's trip!

[rhymes with kerouac] said...

Brian, stop it. You're making the rest of us guys look bad. :)

hallchick said...

thank you Brain it will be good to have you on the trip also this year.

Anonymous said...

Cool. Very cool.

Only if he could see that the best dog isn't in Ohio.

Amber said...

David, I think his Taser obsession is hopeless.