About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Study

We recently remodeled my study and I LOVE it! It was LONG overdue. WAY back when my kids were little I babysat 4 other wee ones here in my home. Those little guys managed to tear off pieces of wallpaper and basically wreck the walls by running their hot wheels into the walls. After all these years of living with tacky looking wallpaper we tore it all of (a HUGE job), painted, put in a new floor (we had the original carpet before which was just plain nasty), and I've put up a total of 29 pictures from our mission trips. There is also a Lakota star quilt made by one of the ladies on the rez. So, here are a few pics that do not do it justice, but they'll have to do.




That's my desk. No fair peeking at what's on my bookshelf.

And yes, that is Edward Scissorhands and Jack Sparrow.



This one tured out really dark but I love this chair. It's an old one that my parents recovered for me



The doors go out onto our back porch and you can see Taser and Jazz prints all over it. What can I say, it's been muddy here.

4 comments:

David Cho said...

Very classy. So that is where some of your great thought are born.

How about Taser's study?

Bruce said...

What a great room, I really like the reading chair. Bring on the cold of winter! Who cares.

B~

nakedpastor said...

I NEED that chair!

Amber said...

David - Taser's study is the living room couch. She does a lot of deep thinking there in the evenings.

Bruce - good to see you! And yes, bring on the cold. I love it as long as I've got a fire and a pot of coffee.

nakedpastor - the chair is one of my favorites. I've had it for a long, long time and it was really nasty looking until my parents gave it new life.