About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, February 26, 2007

My Head Is Spinning

My head is spinning. It feels like there is a washing machine churning away inside my skull. It's day TWO without coffee and I'm feeling it. I've heard that the symptoms of caffeine withdrawal get worse on the second day. I hope that's right because then maybe that means it will get easier after today??? One can only hope.

My head is also spinning from the weekend. It was a long and busy one. I got off work at 11:00 AM Saturday, came home to shower and change clothes and then went to a party at my soon-to-be daughter-in-law's apartment where we worked on getting stuff ready for the wedding. After that, I ran home for a bite to eat and to say hi to Brian. Then it was off to Unchained where I had been invited to speak to the 20-30 somethings at our church.

Sunday morning was the typical busy Sunday only this Sunday we got there early to put labels on 350 bottles of water that were to be given out after the service - a reminder and a gift to those participating in the Blood:Water Mission sacrifice.

After all of that I sat wondering at all the varied personalities I had come in contact with over the weekend. That in itself was enough to make my head spin. People are weird. Beautiful and unique but definitely weird.

So today I'm just tired and not in the best mood. Then I ran across this and my day brightened considerably.

6 comments:

BarBarA said...

Well, I certainly see why that brightened your day!!!

Bless your poor head - I know that feeling, its one reason I didn't participate. I just can't go there right now. It's painful! You should be fine by tomorrow.

Yep, people are weird alright. Except for people who like U2...U2 people are normal.

Brian Buriff said...

Bless my poor head too. I'm not addicted, but my body is screaming.

Bruce said...

I've given up caffine (coffee) before, so I can relate to what you are going through; withdrawal is really crappy. Once you get through all this you will start to feel better, and may even find you don't need the caffine. But not me - I NEED MY COFFEE!

B~

Amber said...

Barbara - I totally agree that U2 people are normal. Really normal.

Brain - Do I hear some denial??Sweetie, you are completely addicted.

Bruce - I feel a bit better today though not great. And yes, coffee is DEFINATLY in my future.

hallga77 said...

Amber,
Chocolate is the gateway drug to coffee.
Barbara (& Amber),
Will have to disagree - U2 people are a little on Edge.

Amber said...

Tim, you crack me up. Hey I was listening to the coffee songs today. Too funny.