About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, February 05, 2007

New Update on Carly

Just got this message from Carly's dad....

I just got off the phone with Steph at the hospital and it seems as though Carly is doing a lot better. She is watching Full House and doing crafts which is a lot different from yesterday when I was there. She even was joking around and put paint on her Nurse Beth's nose. That sounds a lot more like the Carly we know. She is still on dopimene to keep her blood pressure up but they are weaning that. That is the last of three meds she was on to help her heart. They even let her start to eat ice chips. It seems as though Carly has some super organs that can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'!! (knock on wood) As much as she has been through her body just keeps on going strong. Anyways, I will update later...

Kev

Prayers still appreciated.

3 comments:

nakedpastor said...

awesome!

Bruce said...

Great news.

B~

Amber said...

Yes, good news. I just got another update from Kevin. She's about to take the last bit of her meds for blood pressure and then tomorrow get the central line out to make sure all the infection is gone. That kid is a miracle.

There's trouble all around... another young man in our church recently had two, count 'em two, organ transplants in less than a week. He's doing well too.