About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Questions

It's COLD here this morning. The temp is about 4 degress with a wind chill of -10 to -20 degrees. It is pretty though because there is about 6 inches of snow on the ground. I would prefer more snow but I'll get in trouble from Cathy for saying so.

So here's some winter questions for you.....

  1. Do you like snow? Big snows, just a dusting?
  2. Does winter bring back any particular memory for you?
  3. Do you do any winter sports (skiing, ice skating, hockey, etc.)
  4. What is your favorite winter comfort food?

4 comments:

BarBarA said...

I was going to email you today because you hadn't posted in so long....I forgot that for SOME REASON my Bloglines does not get along with your blog!!!

Lo and behold, you have been posting!

1. I like snow, but have never lived in it so I don't really now what I am saying. I like hiking in it, taking a vacation where I can enjoy it and looking at it.

2. There is no winter here, just some days get cold. Yesterday it was 80.

3. Nope

4. Mmmmm I do love a bowl of tortilla soup on a cold day!

MsDee said...

1.I love to see the snow fall and how everything around seems to go quiet. I love fresh snow on the ground and the crunchy sound of it under my boots. I hate when snow turns in to slush.

2. The meories that winter bring back to me is my brother and I going door to door asking people if they would like their walkways shoveled and making some money.

3. Ice skating

4. Hot cocoa

Amber said...

Barbara - bloglines does that to me on some blogs sometimes too.

Dont' tell Brian it was 80 degrees yesterday or he will go into depression. He doesn't like winter at all.

Ok, my answers ...

1. I love snow. Especially when it is fresh and untouched. Beautiful!

2. I have memories of sledding when I was a kid and then sledding with our kids when they were little. I also remember Brian sledding down the hill at church in his suit and tie!

3. Not really. I can ice skate but not well. My favorite winter sport is curling up with a good book by the fire and watching the snow fall.

4. Too many. Homemade chicken noodle soup is good. So is hot chocolate with marshmellow cream in it.

4.

David Cho said...

Looks like you finally got the winter you've been asking for, Barbara. Stay warm.