About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

That's How The Cookie Crumbles


I'm tired, irritable, and I'm really wanting a chocolate chip cookie. It doesn't even have to be homemade. Any chocolate chip cookie will do. The fact that we have 3-4 more inches of snow today means it's unlikely I'll get a cookie.

I could have, should have, stopped on the way home from work since I had to be out anyway. But as I said, I'm tired. And crabby. I've worked 30 of the past 48 hours and I shoveled the driveway at work while I was there there. I didn't mind the shoveling. I enjoyed it. It helped me burn off some frustration. Ms Cranky was at it again today - very demanding. To give you an idea of how demanding she can be, after I came in from shoveling the driveway she asked me to make her some sausage and eggs. I had not even taken my coat and gloves off yet when she made her request. I made the sausage and eggs. And then I cleaned up the mess and was about to sit down when she asked me for something else. That's how it is with Ms Cranky. That's why they have trouble staffing her house.

As cranky as Ms Cranky is, I like her. We get along. We know each other and a good deal of trust has been built over the past 3 and a half years that I've worked with her. That kind of trust doesn't come easy for someone who is completely dependent on others to care for her most basic needs.

So what I'm really crabby about is the fact that the office called this morning to ask me if I would switch houses. Our company has several houses with 2 - 3 clients in each and staff for each house. I told them I did not want to change for all the reasons I stated above. Besides that, we have 3 regular staff people who get along really well. We help each other out and cover each other's shifts when need be. We like each other. Other houses have staff who engage in petty fights and I want no part of that. I told them no but given this company's track record, I've probably not heard the end of it.

So now I'm home and I'm going to go get a hot bath and wash my hair and grab a cup of coffee. I really wish I had a chocolate chip cookie to go with it.

2 comments:

Brian Buriff said...

Saturday - 7:24 PM (Eastern Standard Time): Chocolate Chunk Cookies delivered.

Amber said...

I have the sweetest husband. He went out and bought me choc. chip cookies. Just gotta love a guy like that.