About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Animal Kingdom

My son came home from Spring Break last night. We were talking about our weeks and somehow got to talking about animals ... It seems there's a lot we can learn from teh animal kindgom.
Apparently different groups of animals are called different things, for example, a group of lions are called a pride. geese; a gaggle, bees; swarm, crows; murder, buzzards; committee (no joke), and a group of fish are called a school. A group of Rhinos is called a “Crash.” Seems like a strange term until we understand the reasoning. Rhinos can run 30 miles per hour but can only see 30 feet in front of them. So, is that faith, or foolishness, or just following the guy in front of you?
All of these seem to have some appropriate meaning behind them. I wonder how that came to be?

No comments: