About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Dress Saga Contines

If you read my last post I mentioned that FedEx had lost the package containing the dress I had ordered for my son's wedding. That was irritating and both Brian and I have been calling FedEx and bugging them to find it.

Well, yesterday it finally came! Better late than never, right? The problem is, it's UGLY! I mean, really ugly. The picture of it just does not capture it correctly - at all. And it's a bit snug. I can get into it, but I look like a stuffed sausage. Needles to say that was not the look I was going for.

So, I'm returning it. Which means that I now have to head out to various shops in search of another dress.

I went to one bridal shop yesterday but they do not carry mother's dresses in stock so I'm back to ordering from a picture. A bit frightening, especially after this experience. They had one that looked good in the picture but I have to let her know TODAY if I want her to order it. So I'm a bit pressed for time.

Today I'm off to shop and hopefully find a dress that is in stock and that I can actually SEE and try on.

This should be a fun time. I should enjoy finding a dress to wear to my son's wedding, but I dread it. Greatly. It's been fun watching Allison get her dress and seeing how the big day is coming together but I detest shopping for clothes for myself. Gaining weight will do that to you. Nothing I put on looks good on me anyway so my attitude is why bother. I had hoped to lose weight before the wedding but that's not happening. I am officially fat. I've never been fat before in my life and am not liking it now. I was always thin, then I was anorexic, now I'm fat. The thing I dread about this particular shopping trip is trying on the dresses. A day of looking at myself in the mirror doesn't rate high on my enjoyment scale. And God help the poor assistant who tries to accompany me into the dressing room.

UPDATE! NEWS FLASH!

I have a dress! It's denim.

Just kidding. I did find a dress, and shoes, and jewlery. I'm set to go once I figure out what to do with the hair.

1 comment:

Brian Buriff said...

Amber is a total knock out in this newest dress - very very glamorous!