About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Found Something

Barbara introduced me to Shelfari, an online place to list the books I've read, am reading, or would like to read. It's pretty cool. You can join others to talk about books ... all sorts of things. Like a lot of online forums, you can invite friends to join. You're all invited by the way. Well, the only "friend" I have there besides Barbara is a guy named Jim Palmer. Ever heard of him? I'm embarrassed to say that I had not. Then I got curious and began snooping around. I wondered why in the world he had added me as a friend since I didn't know who he was. It appears he's an author of a book I have heard of - Divine Nobodies. And I found his blog, which looks to be right up my alley. I think you'll like it too. Check it out as you have time.

5 comments:

BarBarA said...

Amber, you discovered Jim!!! He's the greatest. A very approachable guy. I feel like he's a friend cause we've emailed etc.

Glad you like Shelfari, I love it. I haven't spent much time on there lately but intend to.

Brian Buriff said...

I refuse to be outdone by some other author. Look for me to be your "friend" soon. I'm a very approachable guy too.

Amber said...

Barbara - Jim sounds like a cool guy. I may just have to get that book. :)

Brain - do I detect a wee bit of jealousy there? Not to worry dear, Beyond the Passion and Revelations to Go are on my self too.

Brian Buriff said...

Ya, and "Serenity For The Soul" is by your toilet. :)

David Cho said...

Can you two get a room?

Shelfari sounds interesting. I will sign up.