About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, March 09, 2007

In The Line of Duty

If you read here, please take a moment to pray for two local police officers who were wounded in the line of duty this evening. One is in critical condition. When I heard the news it scared me - we have a man in our church who is a good friend who serves with the West Chester Police Dept. and I was worried it might be him, but his daughter told us that he called home to let them know it wasn't him. It was a friend of his though. I can only imagine how this will shake the entire police dept.

When I hear of something like this I feel sick. I have the greatest respect for these officers who put their lives on the line every day to ensure our safety. Besides, I'm a mom of someone who is going to be a police officer before long and I hope to never get a call like these two families have gotten tonight.
Update: Our friend was more involved that we at first realized. Here is basically what happened. An officer pulled over a car for a routine traffic stop and two of the three people in the car were armed with guns. One shot the officer in the shoulder and the thigh then sped off. Other officers responded in a chase until the car crashed. One of the suspects with a gun jumped out of the car and ran from police, firing again and shooting the second officer in the shoulder. Our friend and several other officers arrived and pulled their buddy to safety, with Dave offering to pray for the wounded officer. I am amazed at their bravery as they walked toward a suspect with no cover knowing that he had a gun and meant to kill them. Thankfully, the officers are going to be OK. The suspect died. It is not yet clear whether he died from police fire or from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Please remember this entire department in your prayers. It is not an easy thing to deal with.

No comments: