About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Just Another Crazy Thought



For Valentine's Day Brian gave me a coupon for a massage from a young lady in our church. Normally, I don't like massages but this lady knows how to give one. The tension I normally have in my neck and shoulders has disappeared and I've not had a headache since last Sunday when she worked on me. It's magical! I HIGHLY recommed Kelly to anyone who's looking for a massage. She'll even come to your home to give it to you!

So, as I lay there getting my massage, I thought, "how cool would it be to go the homeless shelter and give them massages" ... I mean, really, how comfortable can those beds really be, and some of the folks there have probably slept in worse places than a bed at a shelter. If anyone ever needed a massage, I would guess it would be the homeless.

Then I was thinking, what about haircuts and manicures? Those would be good too. I wonder how often they get good haircuts? Imagine what it would do for their self-esteem. And I was thinking that there are probably a dozen or more people at my church who know how to do that. And how cool would it be for all of us to go down there one day each month and give haircuts, manicures, pedicures, and massages. I don't know how to do any of those things, but I bet I know people who do. And I bet they would be willing to do this.

Talk about a footwashing! What a blessing it would be ... the human touch is a powerful thing and I be the people at the shelter are starving for human touch. What a great way to serve Jesus than to carry out this modern-day footwashing by serving these folks.

So I mentioned it to the lady giving me the massage and she thought it would be great. So, I'm now searching for people from Winton Rd. or anyone in the Hamilton/Fairfield are who would like to do this. You can go to our church, another church or no church at all. The only requirement is a willingness to serve others. Let me know if you're game.

No comments: