About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Vengeance is Mine

As Rich Mullins used to joke, "Vengeance is mine, thus saith the Lord, and I just want to be about my Father's business".

By nature I am not a violent person. I've only hit another person once in my life - when I was in 10th grade. As the bell rang to change classes, I stood up and picked up my stack of books. At that precise moment, a boy in my class walked past me and grabbed me where he should not have grabbed. Without thinking I instinctively whirled around and slammed my books as hard as I could into his face. I broke his nose.

I don't like violence. I don't like war. I don't even like it when people argue.

I've always been against the death penalty. I am pro-life. All life. Animals, unborn babies, and yes, even criminals. They are, after all human beings that Jesus loves every bit as much as He loves me. And as a follower of Jesus, I am to love them too.

BUT, there are some cases that really, really, really try me. When I heard about the man who kidnapped, molested and murdered 9 year-old Jessica Lunsford had buried her alive, something inside of me raged. I cannot imagine the torment that little girl went through. At times like this, I think Hell will not be hot enough for people who do such cruel things to children. Thinking that God loves this man just goes against everything I feel inside. If that were my child I am sure I would have to be restrained. I would want to mutilate that man. I would not want justice. I would want revenge. I would want him to suffer.

The love of God makes no sense to me. Of course, only God can judge a man's heart. This guy will face justice one day - if not here, in the next life. But one thing I am sure of, God loves this man. It just makes no sense.

1 comment:

BarBarA said...

I am pro-life too, I can't even kill spiders or most bugs.

I feel like throwing up when I think of what happened to Jessica Lunsford. Can you imagine how her parents feel? I could not go on living - even if I was here on earth, I think I would be dead inside.

P.S. You broke someone's nose! Cool! (just kidding - sort of, I think he deserved it).