About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, April 30, 2007

At the Gates



Next summer Brian and I will celebrate 25 years of marital bliss. To celebrate, we are thinking of doing a once in a lifetime trip to Ireland. We seldom take real vacations but 25 years is a good reason to do something extraordinary and we've both wanted to see Ireland for many years.

So I've been dreaming and poking around the Internet to see what's out there about Ireland. Don't you know that over at @U2.com I found a "Dublin guide" and went looking to see what one might find in Dublin. Now being a U2 fan you would think I would have known that Sir Bono lives in Dublin, but I did not know this. I'm not sure I've ever thought about where he might live. No worries, I'm not planning on camping out at his front door. But IF I'm in the area a stop by to see the gates might be interesting just to read the message there. Above is a picture of the gates and following is a portion of what is written there.

In the service of God one can learn three things from a child and seven
from a thief.

From a child one can learn 1) always be happy 2) never to sit idle 3) and cry for everything one wants.

From a thief you should learn 1) to work at night 2) if one cannot gain it in one night to try again the next night 3) to love one's co-workers just as thieves love each other 4) to be willing to risk one's life even for a little thing 5) not to attach too much value to things even though you've risked your life for them just as a thief will resell a stolen article for a fraction of its worth 6) to withstand all kinds of beatings and tortures but to remain what you are and 7) to believe that your work is worthwhile and not be willing to change it

No comments: