About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

It's Gotta Make You Wonder

There are dozens of startling statistics about the conditions on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (which can be found here) but if we just look at one of them it would have to make a person wonder.....

70% of students on the reservation drop out of school

If that were happening in my town, or in yours, or anywhere else in America, someone would be doing something about it. It would be all over the news. Politicians would be all over it. And yet, here in America there is a place where it happens and no one pays any attention.

It's gotta make you wonder why. Do we really believe that all men are created equal?

2 comments:

Layla (aka Barbara) said...

Wow. Heavy. Both the fact that 70% drop out and the fact that it goes unnoticed. I'll link to this for sure. Can I get one of those groovy graphics of the backpacks for my blog? Can I just copy it from your blog? I'll try.

Amber said...

Thanks for adding the link. I really, really appreciate it. If we raise $ for school supplies, great but if we only raise awareness that is awesome too. Something needs to be done by someone.