About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

May 8, 2007

First let me say, lest anyone think I've gone soft on sin after reading my last post, that I absolutely believe that homosexuality is a sin. I also believe that hating homosexuals is a sin. I'm of mind to say that one is not worse than other but I'm thinking that "Christians" hating homosexuals, or anybody, is the more damning sin. I wonder how many "sinners" want nothing to do with Jesus because he is represented so poorly. I wish that those who claim to follow the God who says He is love, wouldn't hate so much.


OK, now on to stranger things.

A really unusual thing happened at the wedding the other day and I don't know if I will ever know what to think of it. Cody and Allison opted not to have a traditional guest book but instead to have small sheets of paper where guests could write a short note to them and them put them in a basket. Later they will be put into a scrapbook. When the wedding was over and we were cleaning up, I went to gather up the basket of messages and noticed that someone had put a gospel tract in the basket. The camp where they were married is a Church camp and had several gospel tracts on the wall of the reception hall. When I saw the tract I thought "now what is that doing there" expepting that someone had disposed of some trash or something. I picked it up meaning to throw it away until I turned it over and saw that someone had filled in their information saying that they had prayed to receive Christ.

I'm not a fan of tracts. I think they're impersonal and often offensive. I'm not foolish enough to say that God will never use them though. I also do not know if the person who filled out the tract was sincere. That's not for me to judge. All I know is that at the wedding ceremony the message of the gospel was clear and that someone chose to fil out their information stating that they had prayed to accept Christ as their Saviour and they put it in the basket for Cody and Allison to read. And I think that is pretty cool.

No comments: