About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, May 21, 2007

This is So Annoying

It's a long way off yet, but eventually I'm going to be forced to make a decision about who to vote for in the next Presidential election. It's annoying because I can't find a single candidate that I want to vote for. For me, the real decision is not which candidate, but which issue is the most important to me. And that's a tough call. I am decidedly pro-life but the candidates that are against abortion are not very strong on issues regarding poverty - also a very important issue to me. And then there's the Iraq war. I don't intend to start a debate on that topic - I'm just simply sick of seeing 19 year old kids coming home in caskets.

I think the trouble is that I don't have a "party" to belong to. I am a registered voter but I don't fit in with any of the parties. I'm about half republican and half democrat. I'm way to liberal for the conservatives and way to conservative for the liberals. I just wonder why I can't find another person out there who is pro-life. I mean pro- ALL life? Is there anyone else like that on the planet? And if so, why don't they run for president? Or maybe I'm just really screwed up??

Since I'm so torn about all of this, I'm thinking of profiling a different candidate each day on this blog. I may just do that.

BTW, I just had something miraculous happen. I did the spell check before posting this and for the first time it said, "no misspellings found". Amazing. And then I typed this and misspelled a word. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

2 comments:

David Cho said...

I am a bit intrigued by Ron Paul (Republican, TX). He doesn't have a snowball's chance, but I hope his message resonates.

He is the only Republican candidate who's making some sense about Iraq.

David Cho said...

Oh, the link I posted up there is a short Youtube speech given by him.