About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Wedding Music

Music is a big part of my life and is always something I remember about weddings. I may or may not remember what the attendants wore or what was said, but I seem to remember songs that were sang or played. Cody and Allison's wedding is no different.

During the toast that Katie, the maid of honor gave, she pointed out how very different Cody and Allison are. Allison is very nice and sweet, compassionate and sensitive. Cody is bold, a fighter, and a bit of a rebel. Who knows where he got that trait. The music they both picked seems to reflect their differences.

Allison picked all classical music for the wedding, entering with the processional of Psalm XIX. Cody on the other hand entered with his groomsmen to the song "Son of a Preacher Man". The song "Love Song" that Third Day made popular was the only song that was sang at the wedding.

At the reception the wedding party entered to the song "Celebrate Good Times" and Cody and Allison's entered to the song John Deere Green which was the song that played a part in their engagement. Their first dance was to the song "I Could Never Love You Enough". I think a lot of the guests had a hard time fighting back tears when Allison danced with her daddy to "I Loved Her First". At least I know my dad had tears in his eyes then.

It was all good. Better than good really, but I still can't get that Son of a Preacher Man song out of my head. It's on my iPod for me to enjoy for a long time to come as I remember my son's wedding. I will soon be downloading all of the other songs to my iPod for remembrance sake.
UPDATED*
Here are the few pictures I have. As I have more, I'll post them.







My guys: Cody, Brian & Logan

Cody & Allison at their rehearsal dinner

This one cracks me up.


John knocked himself out preparing the food. (as usual)











1 comment:

Layla (aka Barbara) said...

How did I miss this post?????? Just saw Brian's so rushed over here hoping you had more photos and you did!

How absolutely perfect the wedding went...I am so happy for all five of you Buriffs!