About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, June 08, 2007

But Why Is The Rum Gone?


Ms. Cranky, one of the ladies I take care of, likes her rum. She has a few shots each night before she goes to bed. Not getting her rum makes her even more cranky than she usually is - not that she's an alcoholic, she's not, she just gets more cranky when she doesn't get her way about anything.


She also has a habit of accusing the last staff person who worked of stealing anything that she can't immediately find. Last weekend the rum went missing after my shift. You guessed it, Ms. Cranky was on the phone with one of my coworkers saying, 'If that b%#@& took my rum I'll kick her a#@". It was not actually missing, the lady who worked the shift after mine put it away in a different place and Ms. Cranky soon had her rum back. That's usually how things "go missing". With several staff, no one ever seems to put anything back in the same place.


Last night when I went in to work my shift my coworker told me of all of this. We laughed. She couldn't believe that Ms. Cranky would accuse me, of all people, of stealing her rum. I said, "Shoot, I wouldn't take her rum, I'd rather leave it here and give it to her so she'll sleep and leave me alone". We both laughed and agreed that that bottle of rum is our best friend - and neither of us drink.

1 comment:

Layla (aka Barbara) said...

Mmm, I would have to say rum is my fave of all alchohol.

Ms. Cranky sounds like a piece of work, I am so glad you laughed off her accusations!

I just left the longest comment in my history of blogging because the post was on, you guessed it, our friend Bono. Go check out Kansas Bob today and see what you think. There is also a post by a guy name Matt who started the whole thing.