About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, June 11, 2007

A Couple of Cool Things

The Backpacks for Pine Ridge project now has a MySpace and I just heard this morning that Lifted Magazine, one of our "friends" on MySpace showcases a ministry each Monday on their blog. Today we were the first to be showcased!

Last week I mentioned that I wanted to get the spot in the center of our town for a Rock Fest next year as a fundraiser for the backpacks project but they do not rent this spot out to the public. It would be perfect too - there is even a stage already there and lots of shopping, coffee shops and restaurants there. Well, yesterday I spoke to the man who is a good friend of the mayor and told him what I wanted. He assured me we would get this spot.

Yesterday was a busy day and not all of it went well, but some things did, and today is a new day.

2 comments:

Layla (aka Barbara) said...

Amber, that's awesome!

You know what's wild, for years I judged myspace as a sleazy hangout for young people and child predators (which it is) but that is just the very tip of the iceberg, ther rest of myspace is a great place to network and to find new music.

I am so glad Pineridge is getting some publicity!

Amber said...

I always thought MySpace was dangerous too, and it is for very young people who are not monitored by their parents. But like anything else, MySpace is just a tool that can be used for good or bad. I figure we're to be in the world, not of it, so we may as well jump in and use it for good.