About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Stealing Weapons at WalMart

I'm just back from WalMart to buy my dad a knife for Father's Day. Here's how it went.

I pick out the knife - two of them in fact because I'm not sure which size he wanted.

I go to the U-Scan and scan it.

The machine says it needs authorization (something about a knife)

The smart-alec cashier comes over and says, "Oh, it's one of those 16 or over things"... He looks me hard in the face and says, "I don't think you're 16 so I'm going to have to say no and then you wont get your purchase".

Feeling only slightly insulted I say, "What do you mean?? I'm 16 ... and then some"

He keys in his authorization code and walks away.

I attempt to slide my credit card and get another "authorization needed" message. Smart-alec comes back over with a sigh. I say, "This machine doesn't like me today". He says, "I don't like you today".

Me: "That's not a wise thing to say to a woman who just bought a knife."

You would think they would know me by now... I'm there at least once a day.

Then I get beeped as I walk out the door and the greeter (not my usual greeter) looks at me as if I've just tried to steal something and demands to see the receipt. I realize I've walked off and left it in the chaos at the U-Scan. I try to explain that to him. He's not buying it. I walk all the way back to the other side of the store to retrieve my receipt. On the way out there's a new greeter who just waves me by.

????

I'm not shopping at WalMart again... until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Layla (aka Barbara) said...

I am sending this post to my friend she will crack up. Her and I both totally relate to what you just wrote. We share Walmart stories all the time, there is rarely a time either one of us visits that there's not some sort of an issue...then we ALWAYS say, "I'm never shopping here again.....until next time".

I feel for ya. That smart-alec cashier needs a vacation he's NOT funny.