About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, July 23, 2007

The House

I finally made it down to see Cody and Allison's house. It's about 100 years old and in an area of the city that has a reputation for being a high-crime area.

They chose to live there because that is where they want to do ministry. They want to live among the folks they minister to. I don't think they're sure yet of God's plan for them specifically - just that they feel like they are supposed to work with the urban poor.

So far it's going well. The neighborhood kids are beginning to hang out at Cody's while he's there working on the house. They are street-wise kids. When my dad and Cody were doing plumbing and talking about "doping the pipes" the kids thought they were talking about crack.

I think it's going to be good.











Cody's first lawn mower. Do they really still make these things??



2 comments:

Barbara (aka Layla) said...

GREAT PHOTOS! Sounds like Cody has a heart very much like his mom's.

What a great old house. I think God is going to use then BIG TIME because of their willingness to live there among the people they want to impact. That in and of itself says a ton.

David Cho said...

Wow, that is great. I would never have the guts to do something like that.

And you wanna turn in your Mom button?